Re: about 10th new install of bullseye

On Fri, 18 Feb, 2022 at 9:30 PM, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
On Fri 18 Feb 2022 at 18:13:02 (-0800), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb, 2022 at 7:41 PM, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
>

> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 07:21:19PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> > David Wright composed on 2022-02-18 14:19 (UTC-0600):

> > > No idea what funkity means,
> >
> > nuts, cuckoo, fubar, whacky, loopy aka abnormal
>
> But what are the *actual* symptoms?  What did Gene see?  What did he
> try, to troubleshoot, and what results did he get?
>

> Exactly what I wrote Greg, the boot stops at the 15 second mark, forever. I let it set there once for several hours while I caught some shuteye.

Typing /stop in my MUA shows that the line immediately above this one
contains the first occurrence of the word "stop" in this post.

> Oh, since we're on the subject, how do I put an option on the kernel load line,(in grub.cfg) to make very noisy debugging so the next time I have to reboot, I can see exactly what stopped it.  That would be a great help.

Add the string   systemd.show_status=true

Added to the default grub.cfg profile, thank you

Removing   quiet   might get just too verbose, because I believe
you can no longer scroll back like in the olden days.

What I have reported was without the quiet argument, which I should have noted.
Cheers,
David.

Cheers Gene.