about 10th new install of bullseye

Two problems:

terminals went funkity late tuesday, spent Wed-Thu trying to reboot, would not go beyond the 15 second mark rebooting. Finally ran the net installer in rescue mode, copied my 122gb /home dir, on a 1.9T raid10 to a different drive and reinstalled, then copied it back, but kmail refuses to use the copied back data so I'm using FF to post this.

I also need to get totally, absolutely rid of brltty, its driving me berzerk with its incessant muttering in a voice as bandwidth limited, or worse, than a cell phone. Understandable maybe 5% of the time. I purposely did NOT even visit those pieces of the installer for fear it would be enabled, because even though killed by removing brltty in the previous install, 90% of the syslog was errors because it couldn't use brltty. But I got it anyway.  So how do it get rid of it without it tearing down the system with its copius error screaming?

Thanks for any advice on these two fronts.

Cheers, Gene