Re: You know what? Not only Debian but Fedora 35 has libthai too....and more

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 12:06:27PM +0100, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> systemd was developed by Red Hat's folks, wasn't it? According to
> one camp, one of its nefarious intentions is to help the NSA to
> easily build backdoors to snoop on their targets of interest.

You are listening to the very worst of the lunatic fringe. This
really is QAnon-level silliness.

systemd and all of Fedora is open source. While it's certainly not
impossible to actively embed back doors in open source software,
it's not a very good place to do so because it could be found by
anyone at any time and then would need to be explained.

To do the above, the three letter agency would need to plant
operatives in private companies or force the company to take action
without them admitting to it. If they are going to do that, they
would be better off putting it in the CPU or the firmware where it's
closed source and only ever going to be found by reverse engineering
or leaked by someone internal to those companies.

> Introducing Khmer fonts, Thai fonts and libthai could be another
> way for the three-letter-agencies' spooks to spy on the Linux
> community. What do you think?

I think you are using debian-user in a write-only fashion, possibly
because there is no more room left in your head what with all the
conspiracy theories you entertain.

It has been repeatedly explained to you why binary distributions
like Debian (and Fedora and many others) will have lots of
dependencies that are meaningless to you, but useful for others.

Please, give up on this "I fear being pwned by a font" nonsense. Or
else just use a distribution that lets you leave out dependencies
you don't like.

Regards,
Andy