systemd/dhcp v. ntpd

How to tell systemd to leave the ntpd config alone?

I had everything working with a static ethernet config and then
decided I wanted a media server for my ROKU.  My understanding is the
DLNA server has to be on the same subnet as the ROKU, so I joined my
PC to the wlan ... and broke the ntpd service running on the PC :(

I tried changing /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf to request just
  request   subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers,
            interface-mtu,
            rfc3442-classless-static-routes ;

and systemd still restarted ntpd with only the dhcp supplied ntp
server address ... which is this machine, so all the configured ntp
servers went away :(

I then tried telling network manager to just get an ip address &
subnet mask from dhcp.  And still systemd fucked up the ntpd config

What finally worked was editing /usr/lib/ntp/ntp-systemd-wrapper to
remove ' NTPD_OPTS="$NTPD_OPTS -u $UGID" '

What's the more correct way to tell systemd to leave my ntpd config alone?

Thanks
Lee