Locally modified config file prompts in apt-get dist-upgrade despite APT configuration in place

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my Debian 10 box (10.11) with latest security
fixes on using command line as per below:

$ sudo apt-get -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o
Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" dist-upgrade -y --allow-
unauthenticated

above command line with APT configuration is supposed to keep the old
configuration files in place (without prompting) as per [1] but it is
prompting me about locally modified /etc/samba/smb.conf (which is
custom configuration in place)

[1]
https://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/21/debian-conffile-configuration-file-managed-by-dpkg/

A new version (/run/samba/upgrades/smb.conf) of configuration file
/etc/samba/smb.conf is available, but the version installed currently
has been locally modified.
What do you want to do about modified config file smb.conf?

Does somebody know where is the glitch or i'm doing something wrong or
missing something obvious?

thank you!

Regards,
Jaikumar