Re: URI for USB-connected Samsung CLX-4195 multifunction printer [SOLVED]

   The core of my problem was that the printer was not being seen on the USB
bus. Playing around with cables, various USB plugs/ports, etc. I got the
printer to show up on a "lsusb" command.

   Once that was done the proprietary drivers "saw" the printer, the KDE
desktop similarly saw the desktop and either the drivers or KDE configured
things. Similarly, CUPS on the localhost now sees things too. So all is well.

   Now just to modify CUPS to allow anything on the LAN to print to the
printer...

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and