Re: How to disable bluetooth probe

On Thu 03 Feb 2022 at 10:52:50 (+0530), Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> I get the below error message every second on my text console. And due
> to this I have to use GUI. I could find out that my hardware is not yet
> supported by Linux Kernel 5.10, and 5.15 - which is in unstable - has
> support for my motherboard.

> [ 7270.511273] Bluetooth: hci0: Reading Intel version information failed (-22)
> [ 7270.511275] Bluetooth: hci0: Intel Read version failed (-22)
> [ 7270.511293] Bluetooth: hci0: Intel reset sent to retry FW download
>
> Till the new kernel is available in stable, how can I disable the above
> probe and hence the frequent messages?

I think you should be able to add a file called:
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklistbluetooth.conf
containing:
blacklist bluetooth
which should prevent that module and its dependencies
being inserted into the kernel.

If you want to avoid rebooting, you might be able to:
# rmmod bluetooth
but you might need to remove modules like:
  btrtl,btintel,bnep,btbcm,rfcomm,btusb ¹
first, and they might be busy.

¹ lsmod or /proc/modules tells you which they are.

Cheers,
David.