Re: i386 or AMD64 - Which is currently running?

Am Montag, 31. Januar 2022 schrieb Richard Owlett:
> >> 2. As superuser, how can I determine which is installed on a
> >> different partition?
> >>      [ My typical installation routine has been a descriptive
> >> label for each root partition. But not always done ;{ ]
> >
> > If the superuser doesn't know, I surely don't know.
>
> I was trying to determine what another boot-able OS on the machine
> would do.
>
> I suspect the appropriate use of the "--admindir=?????" option to
> "dpkg-query" may be appropriate [I need to carefully re-read
> man-pages for dpkg-query and dpkg.]

Yes, I did it this way. The admindir is usually "/var/lib/dpkg" of the
interesting system. With --get-selections you can give a pattern.

$
dpkg --admindir=/mnt/BACKUP/2020/SSD128-root1/var/lib/dpkg --get-selections "*virt*"
virtualbox                                      install
virtualbox-dkms                                 install
virtualbox-guest-additions-iso                  install
virtualbox-qt                                   install

HTH

Kind regards,
Stefan