Re: "mount -t ntfs" vs "mount.ntfs" ?

Le 31/01/2022 à 16:19, Michael Stone a écrit :
On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:43:10AM +0100, Yvan Masson wrote:
Thanks for the links, I missed that NTF3 was already included in the kernel I use (from Debian testing). So in my case ntfs3g is able to mount a rescued partition, while NTFS3 is not (thanks Andrei for confirming what I supposed): this means that in some cases, NTFS3 is not as mature as ntfs3g.

It could also mean that the kernel module is being more careful and the fuse module is delivering bogus data. Just because something mounts doesn't necessarily mean that everything is ok...

You are right, I should be careful with the data. For now everything seems OK.