Re: Android apps on Debian

On 2022-01-29 13:29, John Hasler wrote:
Is there a simple way to run Android apps under Debian such as an
emulator?  My Starlink terminal is arriving next week and it would be
convenient to be able to run the Starlink app.  However, I do not have
either an IOS or an Android device.

Hi, don't know how far you got with anbox,

but the android sdk emulator / avd manager / android studio let's you create emualtor/AVD images with support for play store built in.

When you create an AVD image there's a column with play store icon for the versions that support play store. Looks like there's all pixel images up to version 4 support play store.

Steps are easy.
1. Download android studio
2. run android studio
3. open avd manager from tools menu
4. create pixel 4 x86 avd image
5. run the image in the emulator (click the play button next to the image name).

This will launch the emulator and you can open the play store and log in.

(I just now wanted to run an android lap on my desktop and laptop, so ran into the same issue).

Bijan