Re: Haskell Platform

Aaron Gray wrote:
> Is it possible to get the Haskell-Platform updated to a more recent version ?
>
> Debian has got the 2014 version on all releases.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to do something
> about this please ?

So you go and look at

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/haskell-platform

and look at Bug Reports over on the right.

and it only has one bug! Which is pretty amazing. It's a request
from June 2020 to upgrade to a newer version.

There are no replies, but there is a link to the maintainers'
email list. You probably want

https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2022/01/threads.html

to look at recent threads.

A quick perusal suggests that upgrades are blocked on ghc, which
has been failing on the mipsel architecture due to running out
of memory... and the latest versions may solve that.

So there's some hope that that team will package a new version
of the haskell platform soonish.

In the meantime, if it's important to you, you might need to
build your own.

-dsr-