Re: Screen goes blank for 1-2 seconds

On 2022-01-27 10:40, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

On 2022-01-27 4:23 a.m., Bijan Soleymani wrote:
Are you also connected via HDMI? I think I am using DVI to mini display port.

I will have to check when I return home from this assignment in 2 weeks time, but I am almost certain I am using DP. I seem to remember I didn't have the appropriate HDMI cable at hand for the resolution I am using (3840x2160@60Hz).

Seems the issues happens on windows and on HDMI but not DP:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/ez2c4i/rx_570_screen_randomly_goes_black_during/

I will check if my wet memory is corrupt as soon as I can. Who knows? Maybe I am using HDMI after all.

Two other cases:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/o1r0y9/screen_goes_to_black_randomly_while_gaming_rx_570/

That one says upgrading the power supply fixed it.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/screen-goes-black-for-3-5-seconds-then-goes-back.3397019/

This one said they had the card replaced.

Anyways I will test with HDMI tomorrow.

Let me know how often it happens, or if there is anything that can be done to trigger it.

My guess is about once every week. The display is on for roughly 16 hours each day. There seems to be no discernable relation to "load". At least not that I could confirm. I haven't found a link to a specific application either. This system is a general purpose workstation and it is exposed to most common types of use. I design and create courseware, which involves running virtual machines with libvirt, coding in several languages, video editing, graphics editing, sound editing, editing all kinds of documents, and the standard internet stuff. I haven't seen this happening more often with any of these uses.

Grx HdV