Re: gnu screen and resizing terminal window

On Wed, 26 Jan 2022, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

On 2022-01-26 5:55 p.m., Bijan Soleymani wrote:
Actually apparently putty does support remote resizing. It just seems that our systems lack the right termcap entries.

I managed to resize the putty window by running the command:
resize -s height width

so:
resize -s 24 80

Also adding this:
termcapinfo xterm WS=\E[8;%d;%dt

to:
/etc/screenrc

Allows screen to resize the putty session (with the :width and :height commands).

But when quitting/restarting screen it puts the putty and the screen session back to the original size.

Thanks, that gives me something to investigate. At the moment, adding
that causes the screen to resize to 80x24 when I attach or detatch which
is not what I want but it gives me something to explore.

Tim.