Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

On Saturday, January 22, 2022 9:33:56 AM EST Charles Curley wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 07:47:01 +0100
>
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> > Reading the source [1], `set-hostname' seems to be obsolete. The
> > magic
> > word seems to be simply `hostname', these days, at least.
>
> Interesting.
>
> I have systemd 247.3-6, as provided on Bullseye. The man page mentions
> set-hostname only. Looking at your footnote (why do you put footnotes
> in an email?), you are looking at a more recent version.

Same version here on amd64 according to synaptic. I have no clue what
version is installed on the rpi4, but its raspi-os bullseye.
Logged into the pi, synaptic says 247.3-6 with a patch number appended on
the rpi4.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis