Re: Why is Debian not telling the truth about its security fixes?

max wrote:
> This is a text-only version of my post on https://medium.com/@maxwillb/why-is-debian-not-telling-the-truth-about-its-security-fixes-85f0f85f19a0
> It is missing hyperlinks and illustrations. Comments, corrections and suggestions are very welcome.
> Will Debian ever live up to its “Social Contract” that includes “Not hiding problems with the software or organization”? Will it apologize for misleading countless people? Given Debian’s response so far, I’m not very hopeful.

  every individual maintainer is on their own schedule, there are
very few paid and full time Debian Developers or Maintainers or other
people devoted solely to security fixes in all the various archives
which Debian has available.

  since i know this i take it all with some amount of flex because
while the goal is admirable i know that reality is different.

  i also understand the limitations of each repository i use as a
source for packages.  testing may not get frequent security updates
but i am quite happy with the pace of how things go and for my own
needs i'm not doing any public facing high security projects which
might need more closely monitored security.  perhaps this is a
choice you need to figure out for yourself?

  songbird