Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 09:03:06AM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2022-01-22, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

> > The standard Debian way is to put the desired hostname in /etc/hostname.
> >

> What about updating /etc/hosts too?
>
>  https://wiki.debian.org/Hostname

Noooo!

;-)

Now we were getting across that the host name (as in /etc/hostname) has
nothing to do with name resolution (as in resolver, DNS) you come and
mess things up again ;-D

[note the smileys]

Seriously. Of course it is a good idea that name resolution (resolver)
can resolve the name set up in hostname. Ideally to an IP address
pointing to the host in question. Everything else would be... confusing.

But let Gene fix things in the IP layers first, get the host name set,
independently of that, and tackle name resolution after IP routing
works.

Cheers