Re: Chromium security updates

On Jo, 20 ian 22, 00:08:52, Richmond wrote:
> I see debian 10's chromium is currently on version 90.0.4430.212
> (Developer Build), whereas google-chrome is on Version 97.0.4692.99
> (Official Build) (64-bit). Does that mean it is out of date and has
> security vulnerabilities?
>
> https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/search/label/Stable%20updates

The plan was:

https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#browser-security

Unfortunately both Firefox and Chromium proved to be much more of a
challenge then expected at the time of releasing Debian 10 "buster" (now
oldstable).

Firefox appears to be in slightly better shape (updated version
available in bullseye/stable, still pending for buster/oldstable).

Updated Chromium for bullseye/stable appears to be imminent, hopefully
buster/oldstable will follow.

> Debian 10 is supported until 2024.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

As per https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using not all packages are supported