Suggestions for tesseract

Executing 'apt-cache search tesseract' brings up a multitude of packages.

My need is simple enough, I think: I like to scan (using an Epson scanner) pages of printed books -- almost one hundred per cent text -- and then use OCR to produce pages from which I can copy 'n paste snippets of text for note-taking purposes.

What do the assembled multitudes suggest for a tesseract package (that's the OCR I've been encouraged to use) on my bullseye system, which uname characterizes as:

Linux debian.localdomain 5.10.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.46-4 (2021-08-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank you.

--
"The existence of God is not an experimental issue in the way it was."

                       John Wisdom - "Gods" (1944)