Re: How to best whitelist CDN deb.debian.org?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 02:20:08PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> If you have a secure network that must not be able to connect out to
> arbitrary web sites, I think you probably should be running a local
> proxy or Debian mirror outside of that network, then allowing your
> secure network to use that and that alone.

I forgot to add: a good option might be apt-cacher-ng which is
packaged in Debian.

You can list the sites that are allowed e.g. deb.debian.org and then
you'd set it as a proxy on the hosts in your secure network. They'd
only be able to download stuff from http://deb.debian.org/…; and
you'd get caching in there as a bonus. It would not be possible to
use it to contact any other site (by URL).

You can probably do a similar thing with other more general web
proxies like squid.

Cheers,
Andy