Re: AMD EPYC throttled to 400 mhz

On 17.01.2022 14:41, Simon Kainz wrote:
Hello,

we are experiencing spontaneous CPU speed throttlings.

System is a Lenovo  ThinkSystem SR645 with 2
AMD EPYC 7452 32-Core Processor, running

Linux node3 5.10.0-10-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.84-1 (2021-12-08) x86_64
GNU/Linux

After some time (hours, day, weeks even) the system suddenly gets
throttled to 400 Mhz (see below)

HW Vendor replies with "Debian ist not on the supported OS" list, so we
are currently fighting on our own.

Does someone else experince the same/similar issue? It seems to my as
some kind of thermal throttling, but kernel does not log thottling
events. Maybe some Debian-specific kernel setting, that influences CPU
throttling..

Are you sure it is not due to a "power save" feature for a system under low load?
What CPU driver and Governor currently in use?
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/pm/working-state.html

Is the CPU temperature ok?
Since this is a server platform, it could be due to wrong installation of FANs/Radiators/Air ducts and shields/etc.
Check it with "sensors".

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀