Re: Request of urgent help....(Solved)

On 1/13/22 7:02 AM, frantal@libero.it wrote:
Hello, I succeeded in solving the problem by running testdisk on Debian then recuperate Mac partition and when I rebooted only Mac system run.

Then I reinstalled REFind and the problem was solved.

Now I have the 2 systems again!

Regards

Francesco

I am glad that your dual-boot macOS/ Debian Macbook Pro is working again. :-)

On 1/13/22 2:06 PM, Tim Woodall wrote:
> But making a disk level backup first is strongly recommended! It's
> really easy to make things worse.

+1. Get yourself a big USB HDD. Learn how to take and restore a raw image of the SSD. Take images on a regular basis (I do this monthly) and as needed (such as after a fresh install, before major version upgrades, and before decommissioning). This is in addition to regular data backups (e.g. daily).

David