Re: OT: Recommendation for a new Debian laptop

john doe wrote:

> I'm thinking about two options:
> - Buying something of the shelph and installing Debian on it
> - Buying a pine64 or alike
> - Any other alternative?

regarding arm or aarch64 I tried with RPi4, but it could not meet all
requirements (not all applications I use can be compiled for arm)

On the company notebook (HP EliteBook 850 G4) I boot with USB stick, because
I am not allowed to modify the hard disk. Everything seems fine - I am
using it in this dual mode for about an year now and also on business
trips. I would buy the same for me if I needed, I don't like Amazon, but it
says it is there for 499,- US

--
FCD6 3719 0FFB F1BF 38EA 4727 5348 5F1F DCFE BCB0