Re: bashrc problem

Do you mean if .bash_profile exists, .bashrc will be ignored?

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 8:07 PM Will Mengarini <seldon@eskimo.com> wrote:
* Yamada??? <yamoerina@gmail.com> [22-01/12=We 19:49 +0800]:
> I have a .bashrc file in my home dir, whose content is shown as follows.
> But every time I log into the system, I have to source this file by hand.
>
> $ which scala
> /usr/bin/scala
>
> $ cat .bashrc
> #THIS MUST BE AT THE END OF THE FILE FOR SDKMAN TO WORK!!!
> export SDKMAN_DIR="$HOME/.sdkman"
> [[ -s "$HOME/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh" ]] && source \
>   "$HOME/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh"
>
> $ . .bashrc
> $ which scala
> /home/xxx/.sdkman/candidates/scala/current/bin/scala
>
> How can I make it take effect automatically after I login the system?

Check whether you have either ~/.bash_profile or ~/.profile.

If ~/.bash_profile, the line
  . ~/.bashrc
will suffice.

If ~/.profile, use
  # if running bash
  if [ -n "$BASH_VERSION" ]; then
      # include .bashrc if it exists
      if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
          . ~/.bashrc
      fi
  fi
in case you someday want to try other shells.