Re: OT: Recommendation for a new Debian laptop

On 1/12/22 09:54, john doe wrote:
> Debians,
>
> i've been using a laptop for a fiew years now and before this laptop
> dies on me I would like to buy a new laptop.
>
> I'm thinking about two options:
> - Buying something of the shelph and installing Debian on it
> - Buying a pine64 or alike
> - Any other alternative?
>
> The only requirement is to have virtualisation available.
>
> Basically, I'm looking for some feedback to have a laptop with Debian on
> it.
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> --

Hi John,

be sure that virtualization software you want to use is supported by
your new computer's architecture. For example VirtualBox is a
virtualization software for x86 and amd64 only while pine64's
architecture is arm64 (AArch64).

Kind regards
Georgi