Re: How do I change disk ?

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2022, 04:38:36 CET schrieb Pierre Couderc:

My way:

- Boot with a live cd with clonezilla on it (i.e. clonezilla live)

- clone the complete harddrive to the new one. Pay attentention, that the new one must be equal or bigger than the source.

- Use another live cd with gparted on it and move or resize the partitions.

Second way (more work and more complicated):

- Boot with a linux live system (debian live, Knoppix whatever)

- mount the old one to a new mountpoint in root, like /disk1

- partition the new drive to your needs manually

- mount the new one to a new mountpoint in root, like /disk2

- use rsync for transferring data to the new one

- reboot to your old system with the connected new harddrive

- install grub on the new harddrive (grub --install /dev/sdb or update-grub might do it)

Have fun

Best

Hans