Re: Bullseye default swap partition size?

On Sat, 2022-01-08 at 14:24 -0600, David Wright wrote:
[...]
> the alternative is running out of memory, and the OOM killer.
> Obviously I don't know what you run that clogs the system. Most of my
> machines have much less RAM than the two mentioned, though they get
> less memory-intensive use nowadays. Maybe the difference is that
> I don't install any DEs here.

I've always used a DE and no swap, at the moment it's using 850MiB of
RAM running an email program and Firefox with one page open. Opening 10
tabs in Firefox and a music player to get a realistic higher limit of
memory usage and it jumps to 1.5GiB. That still leaves several GiB for
disk caches.

--
Tixy