Re: still fixing stuff the upgrade broke...

On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 12:55:51PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2022-01-06, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
> >
> > The change there is that python2 and python3 are ridiculously
> > incompatible with each other, so programs written in each need
> > to call the appropriate interpreter. However, most python
> > programs just assume that "/usr/bin/python" or `env python` will
> > magically produce the right one.
>
> There's still no version of chirp that works with python 3, I guess is the
> problem. Did it get removed when the OP upgraded as a result of this?

> > You can install either one of these metapackages to set the
> > default:
> >
> > pytnon-is-python2
> >
> > python-is-python3
> >
> > Either way, something's going to break. Blame Guido Van Rossum.

Chirp is one of those annoying packages that updates very regularly indeed.
It may well be available as an appimage somewhere.

To the original poster:

Bring your machine cleanly up to Bullseye (Debian 11) and we may well be
able to help you better. It's always easier and more straightforward to
be dealing wtih something current because more of us can help you.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater [also G0EVX]