Re: Problem with Terminal Paste

On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 12:57:45PM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> i have finally upgraded my Debian Platform from Buster to Bullseye.
>
> I am pleased, but the terminal paste function reverses the colors from black
> print on white background to white type on black background. I find this
> rate annoying. How can I correct  it?

This is a new feature in bash 5.1, "bracketed paste".  The readline
variable for this is "enable-bracketed-paste", and it now defaults
to "on".  If you'd like to turn it off, put

set enable-bracketed-paste off

in your ~/.inputrc file, and then restart bash(es).

You might want to do more research about the feature before disabling
it, though.  It's more than just reverse video.