Re: Hyper-typematic and Firefox responsiveness in Weston.

Hello Georgi,

Thanks for the reply and greetings for the New Year.

    From: Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz>
    Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 22:41:43 +0200

> I just tested Firefox on KDE and Wayland (on Debian testing) and I
> didn't notice any issue.

Two possibilities.
(1) Your machine architecture is generally more advanced than mine.
Latencies aren't noticeable.

(2) Your machine has one or more ASIC chips lacking here.  An ASIC
accelerating graphic processing might prevent latencies.

> I tried a few clips on youtube.com

For youtube I use an Alcatel tablet.

> ... and a few sites for open source software.

The desktop here is primarily for email and editing in Wikimedia
projects. Ie. shunting characters.  Even an old 486 machine can do
that. The difficulties are in the interface rather than in computing
power.

Thanks,                              ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140