Re: Reasonably simple setup for 1TB HDD and 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Hello,

Em [2021-12-09 qui 15:00:43+0100], hdv@gmail escreveu:

> Regarding the swap space: I wouldn't make it so big.  That really isn't
> necessary.  I have a 64GB RAM system here, on which I have 2GB of swap.  I
> doubt I have ever seen conky show me more than 35% use.  And I am quite a
> heavy user of system resources (much 3D CAD editing, photo editing,
> video editing and rendering, and often multiple VM's in use).
>
> My laptop has 32GB of RAM and 2 GB of swap and on that system I haven't
> seen much swapping either.

I wanted to play safe in case I later upgrade the RAM to 32 GiB and,
additionally, I later enable the hibernate functionality.  Since I have
a 1 TB HDD, I can spare a 32 GiB (approximately 34 GB) for swapping.
For increased swapping performance, the swapping space on a rotational
drive should be contiguous and located at the start of the drive, right?

Kindest regards,
Jorge

--
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts; this causes more
  injustice.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>