Re: Update Debian 9 to 10

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 10:14 AM Thanos Katsiolis <kls.thanos@gmail.com> wrote:
The Display Manager was missing (gdm3), I installed it and the login works fine.

Now when I log in there is a blue screen and the cursor, nothing else is displayed.
Is there a problem with GNOME?

Probably.

You might try reinstalling Gnome; "aptitude reinstall task-gnome-desktop" might do it.

Or you might try creating and logging in as a different user, to see if that user has the same problem.

Or you might try selecting a different desktop/WM; "aptitude install xfce4" might do it, and selecting that environment on login.

--
Kent