Re: strange problem with usb wifi adapter

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 05:33:05AM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
> buster installer can configure my usb wifi adapter without non-freeware
> it works well after installation, i install many packages by wifi
> i shutdown and power disconnect from pc
> then power return and i boot buster,
> buster can't recognize wifi adapter, though i try many usb ports
> i install  firmware-misc-nonfree, wifi adapter works now
>
> i bet bullseye has same problem

Hi Long Wind,

1. Which Wifi adapter? - lusb may tell you. This is important: because
one works without firmware, it doesn't mean they all will. Firmware is
specific to chipset from the manufacturer.

2. How are you bringing up the interface for the Wifi adapter to connect?

3. Is the Wifi adapter permanently plugged in or are you removing it and
replugging it.

If you can give clear answers - it is especially helpful if you can
show approaches you have tried / commands you have run / logs - we
can help you better.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater