Re: Firefox ESR EOL

On Vi, 10 dec 21, 07:46:34, Christian Britz wrote:
> On 2021-12-09 19:09 UTC+0100, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 9, 2021, 7:01 AM Christian Britz <cbritz@t-online.de
> > <mailto:cbritz@t-online.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     Security is the reason why I download and install browser and mail
> >     client directly from the vendor, not Debian repositories.
> >

> > And you may have heard yesterday a young woman on a separate thread
> > advised NOT to do that. With an audio package IIRC. On general Debian
> > administration and package management grounds.. No one corrected that
> > statement later.
>
> I read it and I don't care about that questionable absolute statement. I
> am using Debian about 20 years now and of course it runs well together
> with external software, if you know what you are doing.

In my opinion this is the important part ("know what you are doing").

As far as I'm concerned, I'll try to help posters deal with whatever
FrankenDebian they created as long as they are putting real effort in
helping themselves first, describing the problem accurately, etc.

Of course, in practice this means most will have solved their own
problems without needing any assistance from the list ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei