Re: Firefox ESR EOL

* On 2021 09 Dec 15:29 -0600, Michael Castellon wrote:
> all versions:
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
>
> version esr:
> wget -O firefox-esr.tar "
> https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-esr-latest&os=linux64";
>
> remember, delete cookies, etc:
> rm -r ~/.mozilla

I agree with Tixy, this dumps too much.  Of course, a profile and other
stuff can be recovered via Firefox sync to an extent but not certain
customizations such as setting zoom to text only.

I suppose the other question is why?  Over the years I've gone back and
forth between Mozilla provided binaries and Debian installed packages
and have never deleted nor modified ~/.mozilla

Perhaps you intended to remove the cache which is found under
~/.cache/mozilla?  FF will rebuild it automatically when it is missing.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB