Re: filesystem I'd?

On Mon, 6 Dec, 2021 at 10:44 PM, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
On Mon 06 Dec 2021 at 18:34:14 (-0800), Gene Heskett wrote:
> Whats the name of the filesystem used on 64G micro-sd's labeled SDXC ?

When you buy it? — exFAT. No guarantees after that.

Then I recalled that writing an img or iso to it, replaces the file system. So dd wrote
the .img to the raw card, and it looks all normal now. I haven't boot tested it yet,
cuz I have a method worked out to install an older realtime kernel, but I'll do that
in the morning to one of the two, then boot test it.

If it doesn't work, I'll test the second card. If that one works, I'll have to mount my
development system and sweat some blood building a newer kernel for it. It took a week
or more to get 4.19.71-rt24-v7l+ #1 SMP PREEMPT RT running well on raspian buster. But
it has an easier job here than there, here its running linuxcnc to run an 80 yo metal lathe,

Where these card's are going back to they will be running a few tons of Cincinnati 4
axis milling machine. Using linuxcnc of coarse. A machine big enough to start with
a 600 lb block of good alu, and  give you a toyota V8 engine block ready for parts
about 8 hours later.

Cheers, David.

.