Re: Simple way to scann all incoming and outgoing e-mails for viruses

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 08:11:26AM +0100, john doe wrote:
> Debians,
>
> My MUA is connecting to mail.com for imap and smtp.
> I have a Debian gateway server that I would like to use to scann e-mails
> sent and reseaved.

What does that mean?
Can you please be more specific.

> Is there a way to scann incoming and outcoming e-mails on those ports
> for viruses?

Yes

> What I'm trying to avoid is to change the connection settings in my MUAs.

If I understand your first line correctly you are connecting directly with
your MUA to connect to the imap server of mail.com.
In this case you have to scan with your MUA.

> I'm not sure how realistic this is so I might refine my question based
> on the provided answers.

I am not familiar with mail.com. But do they scan and set any header
based on the scan?
In that case you might to create a imapsieve filter on the imap server
to sort suspicious mail into a spam folder.

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com