Re: installation catch 22

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 9:36 AM <jashebert@aol.com> wrote:

The installation runs through to completion but the system does not boot up.
I have tried several times with the same result.

I am able to log in and look at the log file where it informs me that some firmware
needs to be updated. (red warnings)  I have a CD with the firmware but how do I
install it if the system will not boot?

You say the system does not boot up, and yet then you say you're able to log in.

Perhaps what you mean is that the system does not boot up into a graphical system, but that you are getting to a login prompt?

If so, after logging in, what happens if you run "startx"?

--
Kent West                    <")))><