Re: How to cause a process started in .xsessionrc to terminate with x-session termination?

On 11/17/21 12:39 PM, Arkadiusz Dabrowski wrote:
> Hi all
> I have a problem with unison sync termination when it is started from
> .xsessionrc.
> It works flawlessly but when I log out it is orphaned and not terminated.
> I start it like this:
> nice -n18 ionice -c2 -n7 unison unison_profile &>/dev/null &
> Once started the parent is x-session-manager and they the same process
> group.
> What can I do to terminate the process with x-session?

/etc/X11/Xreset.d is a directory which holds scripts to be executed
upon termination of a display manager.  It may work to put a kill
script in there.  The /etc/X11/Xreset.d/README file has more details.
I use it to terminate non-X tasks which are started by my window manager.

Mark