Re: Use one of many second factors authentication on PAM

On 14/11/2021 20:26, Celejar wrote:
On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 17:57:53 +0000
André Rodier <andre@rodier.me> wrote:

Hello all,

I have been able to configure pam on Linux, to add two factors
authentication for session, sudo, etc...

First, I tried Google authenticator and a code from my phone, and it is
working like a charm.

Then, I commented out the google-authenticator entry, and tried a U2F
key. Again, this is working very well, and the light blink after I type
the password.

Same for a Yubikey, working like a charm, and I even have a clue message
on GDM "Please touch your device".

Now, I would like to achieve the following:

- Having my password as the first authentication, of course mandatory.
- Then, being able to use one of my second authentication device.

This is basically what we have on Google, for instance.

Any idea ?

I think you need to look into the details of PAM stacking. See here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/638466

for a discussion of something similar to what you want to do (although you'll have to adapt it
to your specific preferences), and here for more information:

https://developer.ibm.com/tutorials/l-pam/

Celejar

Thanks!

--