Re: why Debian?

On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:56:39 +0200
Thanos Katsiolis <kls.thanos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to the Debian distribution and I would like to hear opinions
> from experienced users on why someone should choose them as OS.
> The reasons I chose them is that Debian is considered a stable and
> reliable OS

That's a major factor...

> (the policy of the OS is not to include as many and as
> much quickly as possible new features),

In addition to the official Debian release ('Stable'), there are two
rolling releases that contain fairly up-to-date software, but by
definition are less reliable than Stable. The user takes on some
responsibility for fixing breakages.
https://www.debian.org/releases/

> and that it has a large and
> dependable community.

Indeed, and also many Debian derivatives are sources of useful help and
information (e.g. Ubuntu, Kali, Knoppix). They are of course not
identical to the base Debian, but generally have a great deal in common
with it, and much of the documentation is valid. Knoppix is
particularly valuable for identifying hardware problems with
installation of a base Debian distribution.

--
Joe