Re: preseeding Bullseye

On 11/13/2021 5:39 PM, André Rodier wrote:

Hello all,

I am building a preseed file for Debian Bullseye.

I am able to configure many advanced features, like LUKS / LVM, etc.

However, I still have one question asked at the beginning of the
installer, about the keyboard variant (see the attached image)

For instance, I can select British, and then, the installation continues.

I am attaching the full preseed file I use.

Does it work if you do what is suggested at (1):

"### Localization
# Preseeding only locale sets language, country and locale.
d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US

# The values can also be preseeded individually for greater flexibility.
#d-i debian-installer/language string en
#d-i debian-installer/country string NL
#d-i debian-installer/locale string en_GB.UTF-8
# Optionally specify additional locales to be generated.
#d-i localechooser/supported-locales multiselect en_US.UTF-8, nl_NL.UTF-8

# Keyboard selection.
d-i keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap select us
# d-i keyboard-configuration/toggle select No toggling"

Also look at the logs (2) to see what's going on!

Note that this e-mail is folded by my mailer.

1)  https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/example-preseed.txt
2)  https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s04

--
John Doe