akonadi - problems and more

Hi folks,

please apologize if I am too rough and direct. But since the launch of akonadi
years ago in kmail and other applications, I have the feeling, that the whole
akonadi stuff is far away from the quality of debian.

So even today, there is an issue (which I already files a bug for), that
akonadi can not be used. Means also, kmail can not be used. Means also, when
kmail is started (and akonadi is sstarted automatically with it by force), the
whole computer can not be used (akonadi fills memory, then swap, then freezes,
then hast to hard switched off).

And that is not all, akonadi-indexing-daemon is crashing, then restarts,
crashes again, restarts, crashes again and so on.

Workaround is, to set the binary to --- --- --- (000 000 000).

Ok, it is linux and free, but it looks for me, that no one cares of akonadi.
If you are on testing, a new version is released and maybe it fixes things,
but if you are on stable, you have lost. I am watching this for years now, and
I am on Debian since 2.2, this is a very loooong time.

IMO this is not good atitude and should be improved. And I read in other
forens, that many people think like me.

Please excuse, I do not want to mourne too much, but it also should be allowed
to openly tell thinks, that are bad.

If you would ask me, akonadi should be abandoned due to its bad quality, but I
found no way, to get rid of it, as many packages depend to kaonadi packages.

Again, please don't gruntle too much over me, maybe I did not always find the
correct English idiom, but see this more as a feedback of someone who dares to
say what others think.

Except for akonadi (at the moment),I also must say, debian does a very great
job, one, where other people like Microsoft, Apple, Cisco and many others
should learn from!

Thanks for not killing me!

Best regards

Hans