Re: Service stuck at shutdow

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 18:33:10 +0100
Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:

> Since some time, I always have to wait 1 min 30 at shut down because
> some service does not stop (for user erwan is said).
>
> How can I debug this, know which service is blocking the shutdown ?

1) Check your logs, especially /var/log/syslog.

2) Make the boot and shutdown process more verbose, and watch the
   shutdown process. As root, in the file /etc/default/grub, find the
   line that sets GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT, and take out the word
   "quiet". Then run update-grub, and reboot. You should see a lot more
   messages. Then shut down again, and watch. N.B.: A mistake here
   could clobber your system badly, so be careful.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/