Re: Package: nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver

On 10/11/2021 09:16, lina wrote:
I use the xfce4.

Shall I consider changing to the gnome in order to get this problem solved?

I guess it is a lower level issue.

You may try Debian Live on your box to get a better idea.

Cheers,
Jerome

Thanks,

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 5:35 PM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org <mailto:greg@wooledge.org>> wrote:

    On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 04:15:49PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
     > On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 02:51:33PM +0100, lina wrote:
     > > Can I have a system with both X-session and the nvidia-driver
     > > as gaussian view requires
     > >
     > > Gaussview must be run in an X-windows session. Details for controlling the
     > > application are provided in the materials found in the Resources section.
     > >

     > If you are running Bullseye [Debian 11] and GNOME, I think it defaults
     > to using Waylan - if you are at the login prompt, you can choose which
     > session is loaded by clicking on the cogwheel.

    Wayland, with a "d".  This is also true for Debian 10 (buster).

--
Jerome BENOIT | calculus+at-rezozer^dot*net
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=calculus@rezozer.net