Re: Following Pipewire developments

On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:15:47 +0100
Yoann LE BARS <yoann@le-bars.net> wrote:

> As Pipewire is quite recent, I probably
> would rather use some recent version of Pipewire.

Do you know that the version in Bullseye will not work? Have you tried
it?

> 	As far as I know, Pipewire is not available on Backports:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=pipewire&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>
> 	Is there a way to use some recent version of Pipewire with
> Debian stable?

You could pull in the package for Bookworm or Sid and try installing
that. "apt pipewire....." But if the installation breaks, you get to
keep all the pieces.

You could also try pulling it in from the git repo and installing that.
https://pipewire.org To be consistent with Linux standards, I would set

--prefix=/usr/local

It appears Ardour and Musescore are available as Debian packages,
although neither is the most recent version. That suggests that one or
both will build easily on Debian. I would consider building them from
source. Then you can bypass the flatpack entirely.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/