Re: Purchase Debian Linux subscript

Hi,

A person with account at mail.randomstring.org but posting as
"debian-user@lists.debian.org" wrote:

> https://www.freexian.com/

Although this is a valid advise for somebody who wants to spend money for
help with running Debian, i deem it problematic without additional info
about the nature of Debian.

Debian is free software. It is not necessary to pay a subscription service
for getting it installed and maintained by updates. The questions about
how to do this are on topic on this list and we have enough people here who
know good answers.

Said that, it does of course make sense to hire IT personel or to buy
services if Debian is used for important or even existential tasks in
real life.
The prices of Freexian are at the lower end of the spectrum that's usual
in the IT consulting business:
  https://www.freexian.com/en/services/debian-support.html
Its founder Raphaël Hertzog is a known expert for Debian and i expect
that he is able to find the right experts for most of the real-world
problems which are expectable with sincere usage of a Debian system.
If you want to make him happy, hire him for tasks which bring success
to you and progress to Debian at the same time:
  https://raphaelhertzog.com/about-me/

Nevertheless remote support will have difficulties to help you when
hardware makes problems or does not play well with software which you
need. In such a case you will possibly need the help of a company which
can access your Debian systems physically and sell you hardware which
can do what you need.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas