Re: what is the best package to design the layout of the house

On 11/3/21, deloptes <emanoil.kotsev@deloptes.org> wrote:
> Reco wrote:
>
>> I don't know about garden design, but I used sweethome3d for an
>> apartment design back in the day.
>>
>> Written in Java, but works reasonably fast.
>
> I can second Sweethome3D for interior. It helped us save a lot of time
> planing furniture layout

I played with it for a few minutes after it came up on the list. At
the risk of it being a turnoff description, I'd almost call it cute.

If I'd had a screencaster of some kind running the other day, I would
have been able to create a moving GIF out of it, a moving van type
truck driving past three people. That was unexpected, was tripped
over, and was more than I've seen other packages do. :)

Now that I think a second on it, I wonder if you couldn't get a
bouncing basketball out of it or something. You need to have the
knowledge of how to clip portions of videos to create a GIF, but that
just takes a few seconds to learn.

The animation effect occurred while I was moving items around in the
graph block. They became "animated" in the preview block just below
that on the right side. Pretty trick.. cool.. neato-keano.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey
* runs with birdseed *