Re: LXQT desktop environment hangs?

On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 10:38 +0000, piorunz wrote:
> No single application should slow down entire system with 32GB of RAM, 2
> CPUs and multiple threads, unless something is misconfigured...

Sure it can, depends on how many processes and threads the application
uses. E.g. transcoding a video will quite happily eat most of the time
on all my CPUs, as will compiling a large program. And whilst I have no
performance problems with Firefox, myself, I see that it's config on my
machine is set to use 8 process by default, and sure enough there's
lot's of processes spawned when opening several tabs (which I don't
normally do). If I then turn off the ad blocker and enable javascript,
then it seems to use up to 100% of a single CPU total when doing
'nothing'. (Presumably that's crap and malicious java script doing
whatever it does.)

--
Tixy