Re: LXQT desktop environment hangs?

kaye n writes:

SORRY I SHOULD HAVE SENT IT TO DEBIAN LIST

Never mind, I am taking this as an OK to post my answer to the list :)

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 9:16 PM kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:

   On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 10:35 PM Linux-Fan <Ma_Sys.ma@web.de> wrote:

[...]

     I'd suggest to try debugging _why_ Firefox has become so much slower as
     per
     the upgrade. It is unlikely that it is the new Firefox version being
     slower
     than the old ones (although it may be possible). What I'd rather guess
     is
     that something different changed in the system which now causes it to
     run
     slower.

     What GPU are you using? How is the RAM load during the slow phases? Can
     you
     close invidual tabs to stop the slowness i.e. can you make out that the
     high
     load is caused by a specific website or a specific type of website. It

[...]

    What GPU are you using?
     Device-1: Intel 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
     Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: intel
     unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
     OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel 945G v: 1.4 Mesa 20.3.5

   Can you  close invidual tabs to stop the slowness
   Almost always no.

Actually, this looks pretty OK to me. I conclude that it is most likely not to be a GPU-related issue, although I do not know what else might be causing the slowness. Others suggested to check the CPU load with `htop`. This might indeed be a good next thing to try?

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö