Re: how to avoid the terminal overlap

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 16:08:28 +0200
lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:

> Once upgraded to the new system, I found that they would gather the
> same app in one tab.
>
> Such as Xfce terminal all in one, I want them to be listed one by
> one, not to be degenerated into one.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions, and sorry for the description, I don't
> know what is the best way to describe it.

First, let's see if I follow you. You are running XFCE. When you want
to see multiple terminal programs, you get one XFCE term window with
multiple tabs, and a shell in each one. What you would like is multiple
windows, each with one tab.

Once you have launched the first window, with one tab in it, try
launching new terminals with CTL-SHIFT-N. That will get you multiple
windows, each with one tab.

Similarly with other programs. In Vivaldi (a web browser), a new tab is
CTL-T, and a new window is CTL-W. There is a setting in Vivaldi for
whether Mouse button 3 (right click for the right handed) produces a
new tab or a new window. I expect other browsers have similar
provisions.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com